Right now, iPhone is the most popular mobile device. And this incredible device supports IMAP protocol and being a POP house member, Comcast mail cannot be configured automatically in your iPhone. The process of setting up Comcast email on the Apple phone is a little bit confusing too. But you can do it easily with the following steps.
- First of all, click on the ‘Setting’ tab of your iPhone and then go to ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendar’.
- Now go to the Add New Account Link
- It will show you a list of options like Microsoft Exchange, Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail and Others. You need to click on the ‘Others’.
- Now you have to click on the ‘Add Mail Account’.
- You need to insert your account information like Name, Email, Password and Description. In the email part, you need to add your full email id with @comcast.net, not only your username.
- Click on the Next button if you have completed the entry.
- Now your phone will verify all the credentials given by you.
- Check that the Mail toggle is on and Notes toggle is off.
- Now click on the Save button
- Your Comcast email account will be added on your iPhone.
- Comcast must be listed in the Accounts section.
- Now you can exit the Settings and go to the Mail menu.
- You can view the newly added Comcast account from which you can send or receive emails on your iPhone.
If in this simple process, your data are not synced then you have to go for a couple of alternative ways by installing Xfinity Connect App or manually configure the email setting.
Xfinity Connect App:
- Download the free version of Xfinity Connect App from the Apple Store.
- Open the Xfinity app and enter the Comcast email id and password to sign in.
- Now go to the ‘All’ tab and click on the Messages.
- You can select Email which will show you last 25 emails on the screen.
- If you want to view more messages then tab on the ‘Click More Messages’.
- You can also write an email by clicking on ‘Compose Email’.
- Go to Settings>Mail, Contacts and Calendars>Add Account.
- Firstly click on the ‘Other’ and then ‘Add Mail Account’ where you need to insert your Comcast credentials.
- Now you have to click on the IMAP or POP tab, scroll down the Incoming Mail section and insert ‘mail.comcast.net’ as a hostname. Then you have to add the Comcast username and password in the given field. In the Outgoing Mail Server section, insert smtp.comcast.net as the Hostname and ‘Save’ the settings.
- In the Advanced section under Account Tab, you will find Server Port where you need to put 995
- Then you have to click on SMTP and then smpt.comcast.net. Now you have to slide the Use SSL to the green to activate. And then click on Server Port of Outgoing Mail Server and insert 465.
- Click on the ‘Done’ button to save the settings.
Now you can easily access the Comcast email from your home screen by tapping Mail and then by selecting your Comcast account.