Windows 10 is the latest operating system of Microsoft Corporation. All the latest computers and laptops based on Microsoft OS are powered with Windows 10 OS. This OS has its new and many exciting features for users.
Users who are not very much familiar with Windows 10 OS, they are struggling to install their existing printer on it. We bring a solution for you to set up your printer easily on your Windows 10 based computer system in just 10 minutes.
Usually, printers come with PnP (Plug and Play) functionality but sometimes it doesn’t work and then we need to install it manually.
5 Tips for troubleshooting your Printer
Set up Printer on Windows 10
- First, you need to sign-in or log on to your Windows 10 based computer with an administrator account
- Then connect your printing device to the PC
- Now Click the START button from the desktop screen
- From the Start menu, click Settings
- Now click on the SETTINGS window, click Devices
- As the DEVICES window opens up then from the left pane you need to make sure that the Printers & Scanners category is selected
- Here from the right pane, under the Add printers & scanners section, you need to click on Add a printer or scanner
- Now wait while Windows searches for the connected printer
Note – If Windows finds the printer then you can Click its name and further follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process. But if your OS fails to detect the printer then you can move to step 9
- But if Windows cannot detect your connected printer then click on The printer that I want isn’t listed link
- Here on the Find a printer with other options window, click to select the Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings radio button option
- And click Next to continue
- Now on the Choose a printer port window, leave the default options selected and click Next
Note – If you are an advanced user, you can also choose a different option from the “Use an existing port drop-down list” or you can choose your own port manually. Simply select the option of Create a new port and here specify the port in the given field before you click on Next button
- Then on the “Install the printer driver” window, from the displayed list of printer manufacturers in the left pane, simply click to select the one to which the connected printer belongs
- Here from the right section, locate and click to select the specific model of the printer that is connected to the PC
Note – If you have already downloaded the driver for printer manually from its official website then you can also click the Have Disk button and browse for the driver of the connected printer
- Now click Next to proceed to the next step
- On the “Type a printer name” window, in the Printer name field, type an informative name for the printer and click Next
- On the Printer Sharing window, make sure that the Share this printer so that others on the network can find and use it radio button is selected
Note – But if you do not want other network users to use this printer then you can select the Do not share this printer radio button and jump to step 20
- Here in the Share name field, type a short share name for the printer
Note – This name will be displayed to the remote users when they search for this printer over the network which you specified here. Optionally you can populate the Location and Comment fields with your preferred information
- Then click Next to continue
- On the final page of the wizard, and now optionally you can check the proper functioning and connectivity of the printer by clicking on Print a test page button.
- Finally, click Finish to complete the process.
Still, Need Help? You may contact at Epson printer support number for Set up, Troubleshooting, etc.