The HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Wireless Printer is an ideal printer to have in your office and home. Not only does it allows you to carry out common tasks such as copy, scan, and fax, but it also lets you perform wireless printing, two-sided duplex printing, and automatic document feeder. What makes this HP printer a preferred choice is that it is instant ink ready, which never makes you run out of ink. Whether you are using a smartphone, tablet, or notebook PC, you can easily give a printing command and get your documents printed right away. Well if you bought an OfficeJet Pro 6968 all-in-one wireless printer for your home or office, and if you are looking to set it up, you can do so easily by following the information provided below.
Guide to Set Up OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Wireless Printer
To configure your OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Wireless printer for the first time,
1: Remove the printer from the box
- Start by removing the printer from the box. This includes removing all the tape, stickers, and packing materials from the printer.
- After removing all tape and packing materials from the outside of the printer, you now need to remove the sticker from the printer control panel.
- After this, Lift the scanner lid, remove the unwanted packing material, and then close it carefully.
- You will also find the packing material from under the scanner lid to remove the unwanted material.
- Now lift the output tray, you will see the input tray inside it, pull that input tray towards you to open it and remove the packing material from it.
- Take that input tray forwards till you hear a snap sound, then you can lower the output tray too.
2: Connect the power cord and Configure Your Preferences
- Here, you will first need to connect your printer to the power source. Next, you will need to turn it on and set your preferences.
NOTE: Make sure that you do not connect a USB cable at this time. The connection to the computer is set up during software installation.
- To configure your preferences on the control panel of the printer, you will need to touch your desired language and country/region. Then, touch the “Yes” option to confirm your choice.
- When prompted, you will need to select the date and time, and then touch the Yes option to confirm your choice.
Install ink cartridges
- Now you will need to install the SETUP ink cartridges which you received in the box with your printer.
- Next, lift the ink cartridge access door till it stops opening further and locks into one place.
- Then, you will need to wait for the carriage to become idle and silent before you start the further process.
- Remove the unwanted packing material from the carriage.
- Lastly, just remove the ink cartridge from the package and pull the orange pull-tab straight back.
Note: To avoid ink leak from the ink cartridge just make sure that you remove the plastic wrap completely from the orange pull tab.
- Hold the ink cartridge by its sides, and then twist the protective orange cap counter-clockwise to snap it off the ink cartridge.
CAUTION: Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles. Touching these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
- Then, you will need to turn the ink cartridge so that the ink cartridge contacts face downward. Then, you will need to match the label color with the color dot on the carriage.
- After that, you will need to slide the ink cartridge into its particular slot. After that, press the ink cartridge down until it snaps into place.
- Then, you will need to repeat these steps to install all the new ink cartridges. After that, close the ink cartridge access door.
4: Load paper into the input tray
- In this step, you will need to load the plain paper in the input tray once you install the ink cartridges.
- Next, you will need to lift the output tray and pull the input tray toward you to access it.
- Then, you will need to slide the paper-width guide to its outermost position.
- After that, you will need to load a stack of plain paper into the input tray.
NOTE: Make sure that you do not get caught up with printing errors, it is suggested to not to load multiple types of paper in the paper tray or try to load paper while the printer is printing.
- Next, you will need to push the stack into the tray until it stops.
- Then, you will need to slide the paper-width guide until it sits against the edges of the paper properly.
- After that, simply push the input tray forward until it fits into the place. And, then lower the output tray.
NOTE: Once you are done loading the paper, it is suggested to ensure that you select the correct paper size and paper type settings when printing or copying.
Align the ink cartridges
- Next, you will need to align the printer as it is necessary to achieve the best print quality.
- Once you are done loading paper, the control panel of the printer will display a message to align the printer. Here, you will need to pull out the tray extender, and then touch the OK Doing this will print an alignment page.
- Then, you will need to wait for the alignment page to fully eject from the printer. After that, you will need to lift the scanner lid.
- Now, place the alignment page with the print side down on the scanner glass. You will need to place it according to the engraved guides around the glass.
- Then, you will need to close the scanner lid and touch the Scan This will make the printer aligns the printer.
Install the printer software
Finally, your HP printer hardware is configured and you can then install the printing software. However, it is suggested to not to connect the printer to a computer until it instructs you to do so in the printing software.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to set up your HP OfficeJet 6968 all-in-one wireless printer.