Roadrunner email is one of the services offered by Time Warner Cable Internet, a communication-based company which itself is a subsidiary of AT&T. While Roadrunner email is accessible via the web anytime, however, if you wish to access your Roadrunner email account through an email client such as Outlook, Thunderbird, Mac Mail, Android, or iPhone, etc. To access your Roadrunner email account using an email client, you will need to know the required Roadrunner email settings. To know the email settings of Roadrunner email for configuration on an email program, go through the information provided below.
Email Settings Required for Configuration of Roadrunner Email Account on an Email Client
There are two ways you can configure your Roadrunner email account on desktop email program – Via POP (Post Office Protocol) or IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol). While POP allows users to access emails from a single device only, IMAP lets users sync and access emails across multiple devices. Therefore it is recommended to use IMAP settings when configuring your Roadrunner email account on an email client.
|Rr.com (RoadRunner/TWC) IMAP Server
||SSL / TLS
||Your complete email address
||Your roadrunner email password
|Rr.com (RoadRunner/TWC) SMTP Server
||Your complete email address
||Your Roadrunner email password
So, these are the Roadrunner email settings that you will need to configure your account on an email client. To make you understand better, below are the instructions provided for the configuration of Roadrunner email account on Outlook.
- On your computer, launch the Outlook email program.
- Once the Outlook email program opens on your computer, you will need to click on the File A menu will appear on your screen.
- From the menu that appears on your screen, you will need to click on the ‘Info’ option which is located on the left-hand side of the page.
- Next, you will need to expand the Account settings option and select Account Settings…
- Then, you will need to select ‘Manually configure server settings or additional server types’ option and click on the Next
- After that, you will need to select the ‘POP or IMAP’ option and click on the Next
- On the next screen, you will need to enter the relevant details in the appropriate fields using the Roadrunner email settings provided above.
- Your Name: Enter your name
- Email Address: Enter your Roadrunner email address
- Account Type: Select IMAP
- Incoming mail server: mail.tec.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.twc.com
- User Name: Enter your name
- Password: Enter your Roadrunner email password
- Next, you will need to click on the More Settings button in the same window. On the next window, you will need to the Outgoing Server
- In the Outgoing Server tab, you will need to select the checkbox next to the following options:
- My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Use same settings as my incoming mail server
- Then, you will need to go to the Advanced tab and verify the following settings in the corresponding field on your screen.
- Incoming Port: 143
- Outgoing Port: 587
General settings for POP
- Secure – Port: 993 and Security Type: SSL/TLS (Accept all certificates)
- Insecure – Port: 143 and Security Type: None (Accept all certificates)
- Not Selected: This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: None
NOTE: In case you are using Secure SSL/TLS Settings, it is suggested to select the “This service requires a secure connection (SSL)” box in both Outgoing and Incoming mails.
General SMTP port settings for Roadrunner.com
- Outgoing (SMTP) Secure – Port: 465 for and Security Type: SSL/TLS (Accept all certificates)
- Outgoing (SMTP roaming server) Secure – Port: 587 and Security Type: SSL/TLS (Accept all certificates)
- Outgoing (SMTP) – Port: 25 and Security Type: None (Accept all certificates)
- Outgoing (SMTP roaming server) Insecure – Port: 587 and Security Type: None (Accept all certificates)
- After that, you will need to click on the OK button to save the changes made.
- Finally, you will need to click on the Next button and then on the ‘Finish’ button.
So, these are the Roadrunner email settings you will need to configure your account on an email client.