Yahoo! Mail offers good options to ensure your account security. We will be discussing the most common and basic security options which you need to add in order to rescue yourself from lockout situations. These are adding a mobile number and alternate email address to your Yahoo account. Apart from these two options, you can enable two-step verification for added security. Let’s have a look at these two for now.
Add Mobile Number on Yahoo Mail
- In your mailbox at the top right corner, you will see your name. Move the mouse over it; a drop-down will appear. Click on the ‘Account Info’ link.
- On the page that appears, click on the ‘Account security’ option in the left side panel.
- Click the ‘Phone Numbers’ link in the right-side panel. A window will appear asking you to add a recovery phone number to your account.
- Select the country and enter the mobile number. Choose from ‘Send SMS’ or ‘Call Me’ options.
- You will receive a verification code; enter it and click ‘Verify.’
Add Alternate Email Address on Yahoo! Mail
- Log in to your Yahoo account.
- Find your name in the mailbox at the top right corner. Hover your mouse over it and you will see a dropdown. Select the ‘Account Info’ option.
- Select the ‘Account security’ option on the left side menu.
- Look for the ‘Add recovery email address’ option on the right-side panel. Click it.
- Enter the alternate email address in the field provided and click the button ‘Send verification email.’ This email address will be used when you are locked out or for security notifications.
- Now you will be asked to verify the email address. For this just go to the sign-in page of the email address you just provided. Sign in and see if you received an email from Yahoo.
- Open the email and click on the link provided there. It will take you to log in page of Yahoo. Enter your password and you are done. Your email address is now verified.
- In case you don’t see any email message from Yahoo in your alternate id mailbox, check the spam folder. Still can’t see the mail? Go to the Yahoo email verification page and look for the ‘Resend’ option and click it. Follow the above two steps again.
You can also get help from yahoo email support expert’s team by following this link:- Customer Support Service 24/7