A lot of people using Windows 10 are facing issues of Skype getting crashed on their desktop. There can be more than numerous reasons causing this error. This post is aimed at fixing the Skype crash error on Windows 10 operating system. Follow the steps thoroughly to get a favorable result for this annoying problem.
Steps to Fix Crash Issue on Windows 10
- First of all delete application data files of Skype from your system.
- To do so, go to C drive and open the “users” folder. Locate the App Data folder in it.
- If you are not able to locate it, it might be hidden in the system. To unhide it, select the tab view on the top left corner. A drop down will appear.
- Click on the last tab “options”, a window will appear.
- In this window, check the box with “Show hidden, files, folders and drives” option.
- Click on “Apply” and you will be able to see the AppData folder. Double click on it.
- Now, double click on the “Roaming” folder and then on the Skype folder.
- Delete all the files present under this folder.
- Now you will need to re-install Skype.
- To re-install the Skype app, first, uninstall it by going to Control Panel > Programs and Features. Look for the Skype program. Right-click on it and click uninstall.
- Restart your PC after the application gets uninstalled.
- Now, download the compatible version of Skype for Windows 10 from a trustworthy source.
- Install and open the application.
- Sign in using your user id and password.
- Make sure you keep your Skype updated all the time.
- To manually look for Skype updates, just log in to the Skype application and go to the “help” tab located on the upper left corner (next to the “Tools” option).
- Click on the “Help” option and locate the “Check for updates” column in the dropdown.
- This will help you know if there is any update available for Skype or not.
In addition to the above, also scan your system for any malicious virus or online threats. Keep your system up-to-date. Also, make sure that your drivers are up-to-date and webcam and headset are compatible with your Skype app.
In case if you still feel face crashing error in your Skype, you can always ask for assistance from us. Our technical support team is available round the clock. Our team assures that your problem is solved in the most prudent manner, without causing you a lot of your valuable time. Be it a crash issue, login errors, quality problem, or any other sort of trouble, our team possesses enough expertise and potential to bring the best possible solution judiciously for all Skype related problems.