Printing Blank Pages is one such common problem that might be faced by every Canon user in their life-span. It is genuinely terrifying when your Canon printer suddenly starts printing blank pages and you don’t know what to do now. Also, the situation gets worse, when you install a new cartridge on your printing device.
There are various reasons causing the Canon printer printing blank pages issue, majorly including printer hardware error, low ink levels, error in existing printing software, or blockage of vacuum in the cartridge. To fix-up everything on time, here we have come up with the proven measures to fix Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages.
Possible Reasons to Cause Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages
Have a look on the following possible reasons that causes the issue.
- No ink left in the cartridge
- This issues can also be arises, when you haven’t updated the Operating System of the printer driver
- Having hardware default on your canon printer
- Blockage of vacuum in your printing device
- Sometimes, low ink level cause issues
- Some interrupted software can be the reason
Ways to fix Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages Issue
Take these following security measures to handle the problem.
Fix 1 – Restart Your Printer
In case, the Canon printer printing blank pages issue interrupts your way to experience the smooth function of your printing device, then you can possible try restarting your Printer. Follow the steps as mentioning below:
- Search for the Power button and press it to turn off the printer.
- Now, wait for a few seconds and turn it on again by pressing the Power button.
Fix 2 – Update the Canon Printer Driver
This is a very easy procedure, to fix this problem you have to update the printer driver. To do that, follow the steps given below:
- To start with, press Windows Home key + S key to open the Search box, then type ‘Device Manager’ and click the Enter Alternatively, tap the Start menu button and find the Device Manager and click on it.
- Once the Device Manager window opened, scroll down the page and find the ‘Canon printer driver’ located in the left side. Now, right-click on it.
- In the next step, select the ‘Update Software Driver’ and check whether the update is available or not.
- Tap Update option and install it.
- Once it is done, click on restart to start your system again.
Fix 3 – Reinstall the Printer Driver
If the issue still resists, after updating the Canon printer driver, you are simply asked to reinstall it. To do so, check these steps:
- Go to the Search panel and type ‘Control Panel’, and then press the Enter
- In the Control Panel window, explore ‘Programs and Features’ and scroll down the page to reach ‘Canon printer driver’, and right-click on it.
- Now, select the Uninstall
- After the following procedure, restart your system again and re-install the Canon printer driver from the official website.
Fix 4 – Change the Printer Settings
Here you can see the effective steps to change the Canon printer settings, as under:
- Click on Start button to open the list.
- Select the option, which says ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Right-click on the available printer icon, and choose the Printing Preferences
- Tap ‘Maintenance section’ and then navigate to the ‘Extended Settings’
- Now, select Skip Blank Pages and click Ok to save the changes.
Fix 5 – Unclog the Print Heads
If you have not used your printer for a long time, then there is a chance that the ink can dry out and block the printhead cartridges. Check these steps:
- At first, turn off the printer and remove the unclog print heads.
- Now, remove the cartridge from the printer.
- Clean the printer with a clean cloth or cotton and dry it out.
- Place new ink cartridge and start using the printer.
We hope the fixes mentioned-above offers you the best help to fix Canon printer printing blank pages problem. If problem still continues after attempting all these steps, then you are advised to visit Canon Printer Support Number and discuss your problem with professionals.