Linking your Facebook account with your Yahoo account will allow you to import all Facebook contacts to your Yahoo contact book. So, you don’t have to ask for your friends’ email ids and add them to your Yahoo contact list one by one. Just import the details from Facebook. Yahoo automatically deletes duplicate contacts, so your contact list will not get crowded. Connecting the two accounts also allows you to see Facebook profile pictures of friends when they send you an email.
Connecting Facebook to Yahoo
- Sign in to your Yahoo! Mail account from a computer (the mobile app versions are lighter and sometimes all features don’t work properly.)
- Find the gear icon on the top-right corner of the Yahoo mailbox. Click it.
- A drop-down list will appear, select the ‘Settings’ option.
- The settings window will appear. Click on the ‘Accounts’ option on the left side menu.
- You will see Facebook under the ‘Social networks’ heading on the right side section. Click on the ‘connect’ link in front of it.
- If you have created a Facebook account with id other than Yahoo, you will be asked to enter your password. Otherwise, a pop-up will appear. Click ‘Okay.’
- A pop-up window will appear showing a success message, click the ‘Ok’ button in this window.
- Click the ‘Save’ button in the ‘Settings’ window to save the changes you have made.
Importing Contacts from Facebook
Now that you have successfully connected both the accounts, let’s learn how contacts can be imported from Facebook to Yahoo contact list.
- In your Yahoo mailbox, click on the contacts icon (on the top of the compose button.)
- You will see the contacts window; locate Facebook on the right side section under ‘Import Contacts’ heading.
- Click on the ‘Import’ button next to Facebook.
- Click the ‘Okay’ button on the pop-up window.
- You will see all your Facebook contacts once the import is complete.
Disconnecting Facebook from Yahoo
If you want to disconnect your Facebook account from your Yahoo account, you can do it through contacts and settings options.
Disconnecting through Contacts
Click on contacts icon and on the contacts window click ‘Disconnect’ next to Facebook.
Disconnecting through Settings
- Click on the gear icon.
- Select the ‘Settings’ option.
- Click on ‘Accounts.’
- Click ‘Disconnect’ in front of Facebook.
- Click ‘Save’ to apply changes.
If you have any other issue with your Yahoo! Mail account, get professional help with us. Contact Yahoo technical support team anytime. We offer 24/7 services.